Now it feels and smells like Christmas. I will be travelling on the Christmas Eve hence I didn’t have plan to bake anything this year. My Instagram feed is full of Christmas goodies and instead of drooling over them, I gave into the temptation and baked these spiced cookies. I have used not only the ginger and cinnamon powder but also mulled wine spice to enhance the taste of these cookies. I don’t have a sweet tooth but I simply cannot stop myself from stuffing my face with these cookies adorned with chocolate and pistachios.
I am all set for my Christmas travel and exploring beautiful Christmas markets. Wishing you all Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year.
Also happy baking !!
You will need :
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 12 tablespoons butter at room temperature
- 1 cup coconut sugar (or refined sugar)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 sachet of mulled wine spice (optional)
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup cooking chocolate
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped pistachios
- In a bowl add butter, coconut sugar and an egg. Whisk it until the mixture turns fluffy and the sugar is well dissolved.
- Heat 1/4 glass of water in a vessel, to it add 1 sachet of mulled wine spice blend. Add the 1/4 glass mulled wine spiced water to the above mixture and further whisk it for a few minutes.
- Now add the sieved all purpose flour, baking soda, ginger powder, cinnamon powder, salt to the above mixture and mix everything well.
- Knead the mixture until a soft dough is formed.
- On a well floured surface, roll out the dough disc into 1/4 inch thickness. Cut the cookies with a cookie cutter and place them on a baking tray lined with baking sheet.
- Place the cookies in a preheated oven at 275 degree Celsius. I took around 10-12 mixtures to bake these cookies ( keep a close eye to avoid burning of the cookies)
- Once the cookies are baked transfer them on a cooling rack before you go ahead and decorate.
- For decorating the cookies I melted cooking chocolate in a double boiler by adding butter and a pinch of sea salt to it.
9. Once the cookies were cooled down I dipped them one by one in the chocolate dip , sprinkled some chopped pistachios and placed them on the rack for the chocolate to harden.
This recipe yields around 25 bite size heart shaped cookies.